A Language We All Speak
As we all want our dogs to have the longest and most fulfilling life possible it is essential we feed our dogs the best possible diets. The food your dog’s eat can play a huge part in their temperament and their appearance. Choosing the correct food and treats can provide your dog with a more relaxed temperament, shiny coat, sparking teeth and most importantly a longer and happier life. With this in mind Dog Days have taken to the kitchen and made a range of yummy homemade treats to keep your dog’s happy and healthy. We found some exciting recipes online, see below and the benefits they can have to your dog’s diet.
Frozen peanut butter yogurt dog treats
The perfect snack to cool your pet down after a vigorous play session
- 32 ounces vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup peanut butter
- Melt the peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl
- Combine the yogurt and melted peanut butter
- Pour the mixture into cupcake papers
- Place in the freezer
Leftovers trail mix
Combine any of the following leftovers from your refrigerator to create a flavorful trail mix, which you can pack for a hike or after dog park snack
- Pieces of meat (if seasoned, make sure to rinse off any flavoring)
- Vegetables (no onions)
- Fruit (no grapes or raisins)
- Cut ingredients into ½ inch thick pieces
- Spray lightly with cooking spray
- Place in a food dehydrator or into a 200 degree preheated oven until dried
Frozen Coconut Oil & Blueberry Dog Treats
Coconut oil is incredibly beneficial to a dog’s health, skin, and coat (and so much more!). These cool treats will help your dog with any skin issues they might have and they’ll love the addition of blueberry, another beneficial food, hidden in the middle of each treat!
- Coconut Oil
- Place a frozen blueberry into each heart in the silicone mold. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat coconut oil until it liquefies.
- Allow coconut oil to cool for a few minutes, then carefully pour oil into the heart mold.
- Carefully place mold into the fridge to solidify.
- When coconut oil treats are solid, pop them out of the mold.
- Store coconut oil treats in a baggie in the freezer.
Link to website we found this great recipe and more Living la vidaloca